CUTANEOUS AND MUCOUS LICHEN
In its cutaneous form, lichen mainly causes itching. In its mucous form, the symptoms are more troubling. Flesh may become eroded and even atrophy, causing pain and bleeding.
It becomes impossible to brush teeth or eat certain foods. Avène hydrotherapy works on both factors: itching and erosion.
Indications for Avène hydrotherapy in Disorders of the Mouth and Tongue Mucosa
- Chronic and subacute Stomatitis and Gingivitis
- Chronic aphtosis
- Glossitis (inflammation of the tongue due to various causes )
- Oral Lichen (erosive, erythematous)
The drinking cure is accompanied by specialized treatments:
- Mouthwashing with Avène Thermal Spring Water,
- Gingival showers to massage and clean the mucosa,
- Spraying the mouth cavity for anti-inflammatory and decongesting benefits,
- Compresses soaked in Avène Thermal Spring Water directly applied to mouth lesions.
Six months after the end of the hydrotherapy treatment, 74% of patients stopped using topical corticosteroids, 66% no longer used corticosteroid mouthwash and 98% had no need for analgesics.
* Boisnic S, Branchet MC, Ben Slama L, Licu D. Traitement du lichen plan buccal érythémateux et Eau thermale d’Avène. Act Odonto Stomatol 2004;225:57-64.
Chronic dermatosis (eczema, psoriasis, etc.) represents the majority of all skin disorders treated at the Avène Hydrotherapy Center.
They require suitable treatments. Our hydrotherapy physicians evaluate and choose the treatments that are best adapted to each case.