Thank you for visiting our Site. The protection and security of the personal data of our customers and users is a key concern for the Pierre Fabre group.
You can consult the information you are looking for directly by clicking on one of the menu icons below.
WHO ARE WE?
This Site, avenecenter.com (hereinafter the "Site") is operated by LES THERMES D’AVÈNE, a simplified joint-stock company under French law with a capital of €1,057,212.00, whose registered office is located at CENTRE THERMAL AVÈNE, les Bains d'Avène - 34260 AVÈNE, France and is registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Montpellier 423 907 732 (hereinafter "Pierre Fabre" or "Us/We") which is responsible for processing the personal data likely to be collected from you on the Site for the purposes described below.
Depending on the services that are provided by our Site and those that you use, your choices and the settings of your terminal (in particular with regard to cookies and other trackers), the personal data concerning you (hereinafter “Personal Data”) collected and processed by Pierre Fabre are in particular:
• When you use our Site, you may be required to voluntarily provide us with Personal Data, including your surname, first name, date of birth, gender, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, the indication(s) for your spa treatment and all the contact details required to answer any request or to resolve any complaints you may make.
• When you visit our Site, our server automatically collects various data generated by the browser or device, including but not limited to: the domain name; the IP address; the date, time and duration of your visit; the type of browser, the operating system and the pages viewed.
We do not use this data collected automatically to try to identify you, and we do not correlate it with the Personal Data detailed above that you provide us with.
You will find below an overview of the purposes for which our services process your Personal Data and the reasons why we are required to process it.
• To provide you with the services you request: In accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre, namely fulfilling your bookings requests and the follow-up required.
• To answer your questions sent by e-mail, the contact form and telephone enquiries: In accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre to serve its customers and prospects and if processing is necessary in the context of our everyday activity
• To allow you to create a personal space "Avène & you": For asking your questions and posting opinions in the space Avène & you / to better meet the needs of the hydrotherapy clients in accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre
• To ensure the security of your on-line transactions to avoid fraud and non-payment: To secure the transactions of our hydrotherapy clients on our Site in accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre
• To manage and optimize the relationship with customers including that of improving our Site, and in general, our services: To better meet the needs of our customers/prospects in accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre
• Unless you decline as described in the section below entitled "Your Rights" and "Cookies", to better understand your preferences by analysing your behaviour on our Site: To better meet the needs of our customers/prospects in accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre
• To send you information about our offers, news and events (invitations and other publications):
Your explicit consent
• To perform statistical analyses: In accordance with the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre if the processing is necessary for the management of our everyday activities
• To notify the competent authorities of any problem related to the use of our products: Compliance with our legal obligations
Those Personal Data which are essential for us to achieve the abovementioned purposes are indicated by an asterisk on the various pages of the Site where they are collected. If you choose not to fill in these mandatory fields, we may not be able to process your requests and/or provide you with the services requested. Other Personal Data are purely optional and allow us to know you better and to improve our communication and services accordingly. Additional information on the purposes and legal basis of cases of specific processing activities is presented below.
We may also appoint third-party service providers (who will act in accordance with our instructions) to assist us in providing you with information, products or services, to direct and manage our business, or for managing and improving our Site. In such a case, these third parties may need to access your Personal Data.
We will also respond to requests for information if required by law, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or enable us to comply with a legal procedure, a court decision, a request from a regulator or any other legal procedure against us.
When we are permitted by law, and subject to your consent when required, we may communicate with you electronically to present our services. If you wish to unsubscribe in order to stop receiving our communications, please use the link below "if you no longer wish to receive any e-mails, you can unsubscribe" or contact us directly at email@example.com and we will stop sending you messages.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
As a general rule, we only store your Personal Data for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
We only store your Personal Data for the period of time strictly necessary to manage the relationship with you.
However, we will retain your Personal Data for prospecting purposes for three years from the date of our last interaction if you are not a customer and as long as we remain in contact with you through our activities if you are a customer, unless you object to this when you receive one of our communications.
IP addresses collected for security purposes will not be stored for more than 12 months.
Finally, the connection logs that are collected will be retained if you consent, using cookies and other trackers used on our Site, for a period not exceeding thirteen (13) months in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For more details, refer to the "Cookies" section below.
We may have to retain your Personal Data as an archive beyond the time period specified below to comply with our legal obligations or as may be necessary in the context of the applicable limitation period, to protect our rights (e.g. all information relating to transactions will be kept for the duration of the contract and for 5 years thereafter).
Once your Personal Data is no longer needed for the intended purposes or archival purposes to fulfil our legal obligations or for the limitation period, we ensure that they are completely destroyed.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. As Pierre Fabre does not exercise control over them, it is not responsible for their data protection practices, so we encourage you to check the data protection policies of these third-party websites. This policy applies only to Personal Data collected by our Sites or as part of our business.
In accordance with applicable law, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data. You may:
• Obtain a copy of your Personal Data as well as information about the methods of processing Personal Data and the legal basis of this;
• Rectify erroneous Personal Data (including the right to add to Incomplete Personal Data);
• Erase your Personal Data (in some cases this right does not apply unless they are no longer necessary to achieve the purposes for which they have been collected or processed);
• Limit the processing of your Personal Data when:
◦ The accuracy of the Personal Data is disputed;
◦ The processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of your Personal Data;
◦ We no longer need your Personal Data but they are still necessary for the discovery, exercise or defence of a right in court;
• Request the portability of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format for a third party (or for yourself) if our processing is based on your consent or the execution of a contract that was entered into with you;
• Give general or specific instructions on the methods of processing and use your Personal Data after your death.
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (if this treatment is based on your consent) without prejudice to the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent made prior to its withdrawal;
• Object to processing for prospecting purposes; and
In addition to the abovementioned rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Data justified by the legitimate business interests of Pierre Fabre, including profiling (contrary to a justification via your consent, or to fulfil a contract with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Data for purposes of prospecting, including profiling.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority in charge of data protection, the CNIL 3 Place Fontenoy, 75007 Paris, France.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you for proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge for expenses if permitted by law, for example if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your request within the applicable deadlines.
THE TYPES OF COOKIES WHICH WE USE
We use several types of cookies on our Site for different purposes: these cookies are known as strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, marketing cookies, and functional cookies. Some cookies may be provided by a third party to add functions to our Site and are described below.
• Performance cookies: these are the cookies used to improve our Site, for example for analyses that allow us to know how our Site is used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. This information is collected anonymously and includes the number of visitors, where they come from, and which pages they visited.
• Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to send specific advertisements to a computer or other device identified (and not to a named person or otherwise identifiable person) that is adapted to the interests associated with the activity of the Site linked to this computer or device (for example, clicks on banner ads, subpages visited, keyword searches). These cookies are also used to limit the number of times a User views the same advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They may also memorise the fact that the Site has been accessed from a given device and send this information to marketing companies. Marketing cookies on our Site are managed by third parties with our permission. Marketing cookies are used to identify the advertising source from which a User has been redirected to our Site so that we can know if it is worthwhile for us to invest in this advertising source.
• Functional Cookies: These cookies improve the performance and functioning of our Site, often as a result of a specific action by the User. For example, we can customize our content that is offered to you or memorise your preferences.
• Third Party Social Sharing Plugin Cookies related to Social Plug-ins: the integration of Social Plug-ins allows the storage of cookies by their suppliers. These cookies allow our users to share information with the social network concerned but also allow their network operator to identify the User and store information about the use of the Site by him in his profile.
You will find below the list of cookies that you use on our Site:
|Finalité||Nom du cookie||Type de cookie||Durée de conservation|
|Functional cookie||NSC_||General session cookie linked to the international page of the site.||24 hours|
|Functional cookie||has_js||Cookie generated by the CMS to check the capacities of the browser to perform multiple http requests. This is essential for the proper functioning of the site when using forms.||The duration of the visit|
|Functional cookie||cookie-agreed||Records the fact that you do not want cookies installed when you consult the Site||3 months|
|Social module follow-up cookie||GPS, IDE, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC||These cookies are generated by the YouTube API. Disabling them will hinder your experience by blocking videos. These cookies make it possible to store the videos viewed in your YouTube history or to offer you additional videos depending on the videos already viewed. For more information visit this page.||For more information visit this page.|
|Analytics cookies||_ga, _gat, _gid||Allows the operation of the google analytics/google tag manager libraries. This API traces the user's browsing path||13 months|
MANAGEMENT AND DELETION OF COOKIES
If you decline cookies, we will not place any more cookies on your device, except the "functional" cookies described above (including, in particular, a cookie to remember that you do not want cookies to be installed when you are visiting the Site).
However, please note that if you choose to delete or decline certain cookies, this will affect certain features or services on our Site.
We have a data protection officer who can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com.