The therapeutic properties of Avène Thermal Spring Water
We can see the effect of Avène Thermal Spring Water in the treatment of skin disorders by simply observing the changes taking place in the skin during the course of therapy :
- Reduced inflammation,
- Mitigated irritation,
- Accelerated healing.
Today, the benefits of skin treatments with Avène Thermal Spring Water - for babies, children, adults and seniors - have been perfectly demonstrated in a variety of chronic and disabling disorders such as atopic dermatitis and eczema, psoriasis, ichtyosis, as well as gingivitis and glossitis. This exceptional water can also be used in post-cancer, post-radiation therapy and burn care.
Dermatological investigation tests were implemented to objectively assess the effectiveness of Avène Thermal Spring Water for the following indications:
Skin healing and Avène Thermal Spring Water:
Burn-related scarring both during the healing process and subsequently.
Hypertrophic and keloid surgical scars.
Follow-up to dermatological treatments (dermabrasion, laser) where optimal skin healing is desired.
Avène Thermal Spring Water accelerates the skin repair process.
The massage action with various thermal techniques helps soften the damaged skin areas and prevent development of hypertrophic scars and ridging of the skin.
Avène Thermal Spring Water reduces inflammation and itching, thus making it easier to wear compressive clothing.
- At all stages and wherever psoriasis appears,
- During flareups,
- Subsequently to flareups.
- Plaque psoriasis,
- Guttate psoriasis,
- Generalized psoriasis,
- Keratosis on hands and feet
- Psoriasis of the scalp.
- complete cleaning of psoriasis lesions;
- reduction in inflammation and gradual elimination of lesions;
- possible suspension of local treatments;
- in season, possibility to combine with sun exposure under medical supervision;
- reduced frequency of psorasis flareups;
- fewer constraints for application.
- Atopic dermatitis in children
- Persistent atopic dermatitis in teenagers and adults
- Contact eczema
- Infectious eczema
- Eczema related to venous circulation problems affecting the lower limbs
- Disappearance of serosa, scabs and germs on the skin's surface thanks to the effect of thermal water application.
- Reduced inflammation and itching linked to the specific properties of Avène Thermal Spring Water.
- Less frequent flareups, reduction in the use of medication, significant improvements in lifestyle.
Pruritis and prurigo
- All disorders where the primary symptom is pruritus (chronic itching),
- metabolic disorders,
- psychosomatic dermatitis (stress-related),
- pruritus of the mucous membranes (anogenital)
- very rapid soothing effects of Avène Thermal Spring Water under adjustable pressure
- healing in stripped skin areas,
- long-lasting remission.
- Dry skin, most often of hereditary origin, with frequent associated itching.
- Expected benefits
- The effects of the treatment include the possibility of performing body wraps for lipid-replenishing and emollient benefits.
Extensive and resistant seborrheic dermatitis
The effects of Avène Thermal Spring Water are enhanced by favorable climatic conditions and the psychological impact of the unique setting for the treatment.